How to find time for photography

I must admit I'm no export on this field...

I have a lot of weeks during which I don't even touch my camera once. But that's going to change, or atleast I'll try my best to change it.
I know for sure many of you have the same problem, and many of you want to spend more time to take photos or to do more research on the art.
It's the same as with anything you want to spend more time on, like sports or blogging.
It's pretty easy I must say, and it's a pitty I didn't tried earlier on to do it this way!

So, how?

Well, here we go:
Have you ever said to yourself: "Okay, I gonna watch TV for 20 minutes and then I'll start on my homework"?
I know for sure you have! And, if your a bit like me, I know too that you didn't watch TV for 20 minutes but for an hour or so.
Do you see it, how you can "stretch" time. This is the way you are going to get yourself more time for photography. An easy and painless way I suppose.

So say to yourself: "I gonna spend 20 minutes on photography every day", and place your camera somewhere where you can grab it easy. Then, when you come home and you go to the TV you'll see the camera first. And that is the only hard part! I understand that you like being lazy after a day of "hard work", but when you apply this method, being lazy becomes boring. Really, if you're used to it it'll be much more fun to go out taking photos than going to the couch and watch TV.
So it actually has multiple advantages:
  • You become less lazy
  • You become more productive
  • You become a better photographer
And the last one is where it's all about, but the first two aren't bad either.
I know this isn't really a post about photography, but it can be more important than ten tutorials. You can't learn anything if you don't spend time on it. 

I know the post isn't very long, but it has content. Useful content if you ask me!

To become great you need time, I'll help you to find that time.
Mel

P.S.

This is a quick post between my actual posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment